Grow Smart Jobs of the Week March 18th | Careers with Impact
At Grow Smart Future we have decided to create a weekly feature of #growsmartjobs of the week to help you in your career with impact.
Group Sustainability Manager at Pinewood Studios
About Pinewood Studios
For over 80 years, Pinewood Studios have made dreams a reality, enabling storytellers to bring their creations to life on the big and small screen.
Renowned across the globe for excellence in its field, Pinewood offers the creative industries a rare complement of world-class facilities, services and expertise. Synonymous with extraordinary British and international productions our studios have an impressive heritage and have been home to some of the most successful feature films and TV shows ever made.
Pinewood Studios Group are looking to recruit someone keen to make an impact, while reducing our impact on the environment both locally and globally.
The right candidate will be an experienced energy manager who has also successfully implemented sustainability strategies in a commercial environment.
Reporting to the Head of Business Compliance, the Group Sustainability Manager will work closely with in-house teams and selected contractors to implement and further develop Pinewood’s Sustainability, Environmental and Energy Strategies and further enhance Pinewood’s position as a leader in sustainability in the film and TV industry.
- Monitoring utility use across sites
- Identifying and driving ways to reduce energy and CO2 emissions
- Budgeting and managing utility spend
- Re-billing of energy use to on-site clients
- Maintaining compliance with relevant regulations
- Managing and reducing the Studios impact on the environment
- Maintaining relevant Environmental compliance
- Liaison with Environment Agency and other relevant external organisations.
- Managing sustainable travel initiatives
- Managing and improving waste contracts
- Driving Sustainability Forums with staff, tenants and productions on site
- Liaison with industry groups on sustainability issues across film and TV production
- Deliver sustainability training and awareness campaigns to internal staff, tenants and customers on site.
- Support and advise internal property team regarding future developments.
- Manage and develop junior member of staff
- Experience of facilities utility management.
- Understanding of energy billing.
- Familiar with energy technologies.
- Experience of Environmental / Energy Management Systems, ideally ISO14001 and ISO50001
- Understanding of Environmental and Energy reporting, legislation and compliance requirements.
- Understanding of recycling and waste streams.
- Degree or post graduate degree in a related energy management / sustainability subject
- Obtained or working towards professional qualifications in energy or environmental matters.
You can apply via their company website: https://www.pinewoodgroup.com/pinewood-today/careers
Environmental Designer (Building Physics) at Human Capital Solutions
I’m looking for an Environmental Designer with previous experience in Daylight modelling using Grasshopper or IES for a leading international Sustainability Consultancy who have championed Low and Zero Carbon Building Design.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the true pioneers of Sustainable design and work in one of the most well respected, largest and most stable Environmental Design and Sustainability teams in the UK.
As an Environmental Designer, you will be responsible for using a range simulation based software to analyse, investigate, test and improve high-performance buildings and complex structures such as biodomes, stadiums, theatres, museums and high rise towers.
The ideal Environmental Designer will be Degree qualified in suitable discipline such as Architecture, Architectural Environmental Engineering, Building Services or Building Physics and have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role involving complex daylight and parametric modelling.
Previous experience in automating repetitive processes; generating geometry through mathematical functions and creating complex forms through repetitions of simple geometry and a genuine interest in creating a more sustainable future is essential.
In addition to working on some of the most technically challenging construction projects in the world you will also benefit from a structured training and development programme, flexible hours, pension, up to 30 days’ holidays ( 8 bank holidays), private medical and 4 x life assurance.
Sustainability Graduate for the RPS Graduate Scheme
Do you hold a degree in sustainability or within a built environment related subject?
Would you like the opportunity to work for the one the UK’s leading environmental consultancies?
If yes, then RPS holds the perfect opportunity for you!
We have a place available on our Graduate Programme in the Sustainability & Energy Team based in London
The RPS Graduate Training Programme will provide you with a mentor for the duration of the programme and structured training in the following key areas:
• People – Our staff are vital to our success and we need a thriving and motivated working environment. Our training will arm you with a variety of skills to encourage openness, collaboration and a positive approach.
• Skills – We will help develop your technical skills and depending upon your background this could include training in specialist technical software, field skills and technical report writing.
• Clients – Having a broad and diverse client base is the key to RPS’s success and we will help you engage with clients to understand their needs and how we can deliver first-class commercial and technical solutions.
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
Closing date for applications are 5th April and if selected you would be invited to attend an assessment centre day in May.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
Senior Environmental Consultant at Conrad Consulting
National building services and sustainability consultancy are keen to add a Senior Environmental Consultant to their team in London. This role will enable the candidate to work on a wide range of projects within the built environment sectors of residential, commercial and healthcare.
The Senior Environmental Consultant should be a sustainability all-rounder and possess relevant
experience and qualifications in both BREEAM and energy modelling. Possessing a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience within a consultancy environment you will have trained and gained the CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant and Level 3/4/5 IES accreditations.
Candidates looking to apply for this role should carry awareness and interest in energy and environmental legislation and have good working knowledge of building services design/facades with knowledge of Part L of the UK building regulations.
Software knowledge required – Microsoft Office, SBEM an IES
Memberships – CIBSE
Assistant Campaigner, Land and Environmental Defenders at Global Witness
If you want to help people protecting their environment, join Global Witness as an Assistant Campaigner.
When someone is murdered defending their home because big business wants their land – this is corruption. For 25 years, Global Witness has been protecting human rights and the environment by confronting corruption and the systems that enable it.
There is now a fantastic opportunity to develop your campaigning career as an Assistant Campaigner in our new, enlarged Land and Environmental Defenders campaign.
This role could be open as a job share or on a part time basis.
About the role
You’ll assist with essential data gathering and provide quality research on threats and attacks on land and environmental defenders.
You’ll also support the team with their external reports, films, blogs and press releases to ensure key campaign messages have a large impact.
Finally, you’ll be able to help advocate for change, starting to build your networks and influencers.
Your experience of data analysis and research techniques will be the underpin for this position.
As an excellent communicator, you’ll be able to write clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
You’ll also bring your passion for being an ally with the environment and those protecting it.
Working for us
Global Witness has a talented team of 110 people worldwide, with headquarters in London and offices in Washington DC and Brussels. We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that different views and experiences improve the way we do our work. We do our best to make our jobs accessible to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or identity.
We offer a fabulous benefits package including a competitive salary and 25 holidays (exc. public holidays), health insurance and flexible working arrangements.
Apply here at http://jobs.omidyar.com/jobdetail.php?jobid=1113493
Know about exciting career opportunities in the sector email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.